What is Kubernetes?¶
Kubernetes, also known as K8s, is an open source system for managing containerized applications across multiple hosts. It provides basic mechanisms for deployment, maintenance, and scaling of applications.
While Kubernetes uses containerized systems like Docker, and almost all LiteSpeed products will run well in a Kubernetes environment, this section discusses applications which are written to the Kubernetes API and will operate only within Kubernetes itself. In particular this section will discuss the LiteSpeed Ingress Controller.
the LiteSpeed Ingress Controller is a specially designed Kubernetes application and uses the LiteSpeed WebADC controller to operate as an Ingress Controller and Load Balancer to properly manage your traffic on your Kubernetes cluster. It can almost certainly replace any load balancer from a cloud vendor or third party that you may be considering or are using today.
Easily maintained by the popular Kubernetes distribution tool helm, the LiteSpeed Ingress Controller is fast, and easy to install and manage.
Using the LiteSpeed Ingress Controller¶
For installation, configuration, usage, and troubleshooting instructions please see:
- Usage considerations
- Using the load balancer configuration to setup a Web Application Firewall
- Configuration using helm
- Configuration of the controller itself (outside of helm)
- Advanced deployments: Red/Blue and Canary deployments
If you still have a question after reading through the documentation, you have a few options:
- Join the GoLiteSpeed Slack community for real-time discussion
- Visit the LiteSpeed Forums for community support
- Submit a ticket from the client area or by emailing