- Only apply your key when you are ready to begin your trial. Each key is updated daily with a built-in expiration date, so if you applied for a key a week ago but only installed your trial today, you've already lost 7 days.
- You can apply multiple trial keys by using the same email address since each key is tracked by your server's IP and not by your email address.
Please make sure license.litespeedtech.com is reachable from your server.
- Make sure you use a valid email address. A trial key will be sent to your email after you submit the online form.
- Once you receive an email from LiteSpeed, save the attached file
trial.keyto the expanded installation directory (where
install.shresides). If your email is on a windows server and you need to FTP the file to a unix server, make sure you select the binary transfer mode.
- Sometimes your mail server may reject this email as spam. If you have entered a valid email address but haven't received an email from us within 15 minutes after submitting your form, you can apply for another one using a different email address.
install.shin the expanded folder and follow all prompted instructions.
Can I get a new trial key after my 15-day trial period ends?¶
After your trial expires, the server will disable itself. You can verify this by checking the
error.log in the LiteSpeed installed directory.
Our license server will track and allow usage via the trial key for a maximum of 30 days for each IP. If it is within 30 days of downloading your first trial license, you can simply download a second trial license to keep running the trial on your server. (Just switch out the
trial.key file in your /usr/local/lsws/conf/ or /usr/local/lslb/conf/ directory and restart.) You can check your remaining days by running:
$ sudo /usr/local/lsws/bin/lshttpd -V
$ sudo /usr/local/lslb/bin/lslbd -V
If you have a special situation and need an extended trial period, please contact our sales department.
How do I test each LSWS license type?¶
The LiteSpeed Web Server trial license is the equivalent of a Web Host Professional license. If you want to test how your sites will work with only 1 worker process you can create a listener for the IP that your main site is associated with and set Binding to one process only. We do not offer a trial license with more than 2 worker processes. Because of our 30-day money back guarantee on all new orders though, you can test whichever license you wish with no financial risk.
Do I have to uninstall the trial and do a full reinstall when buying a license?¶
No, you do not need to uninstall and reinstall the server after you purchase the license. To make the switch, all you need to do is perform a normal upgrade. This will not change any configurations or data. Please refer to the How-To Activate a License section.