LiteMage Cache is the world's fastest full-page caching solution for Magento. Built on top of LSCache and designed specifically for Magento, LiteMage can assemble both public and private blocks from cache by hole-punching through ESI to deliver the best performance around.
This documentation will guide you through all of the steps needed to install and configure the components of LiteMage Cache.
This documentation is for LiteMage 2, for use only with Magento 2. For LiteMage 1 and Magento 1, please visit our wiki.
Understanding LiteMage Tiers¶
The LiteMage module is available as a purchasable add-on to new and existing LiteSpeed Licenses, and comes in three tiers: Starter, Standard, and Unlimited, based on the number of cached objects you need. The LiteMage Cache extension for Magento is free to download but requires the LiteMage module to work.
A trial license will allow you to experience the ultra-fast LiteMage full page cache for fifteen days. See for yourself how LiteSpeed + LiteMage can save considerable hardware costs while greatly boosting your Magento store's performance.
Please check our LiteMage pricing page for more information.
Counting Public Cache Objects¶
If your store is not yet up and running, it may be difficult to know how many public cache objects you will need. If you know the following, you can estimate:
- Number of items for sale, and how many configuration options are available for each
- Number of languages or currencies supported
- Whether the store has separate desktop and mobile themes, or a single responsive theme
- You have 300 items for sale, each with 2 configuration options. That's 300 x 2 = 600.
- You support 10 languages. 600 x 10 = 6000.
- You have a responsive theme. 6000 x 1 = 6000.
- With 6000 cached objects, the Standard Tier would be appropriate for your store.
You will also want to consider that public cache objects are stored based on URL. If your site uses a layered navigation menu for example, each combination of selections from the layered menu will be its own publicly cached object.
Limits and Exceeding Them¶
The LiteMage Tiers are as follows:
- Starter, 1500 public cache objects
- Standard, 25000 public cache objects
- Unlimited, ∞ public cache objects
For Starter and Standard, once the limits are reached, further public cache objects will not be stored. Your site will still work without any problems, but it will only be partially cached.
Uncached pages will be served by Magento directly. These pages will load more slowly than those that were cached. Overall, your site being partially cached is still much better than having no cache.
For shared hosting servers, limits on LiteMage objects are applied to each domain instead of the whole server. When one domain reaches the limit, the other domains may be still served from cache without issue, unless they reach their own limit.
If you still have a question after reading the documentation, you have a few options.
- Join the GoLiteSpeed Slack community for real-time discussion
- Post to the LiteSpeed Forums for community support
- Submit a ticket from the client area