LiteSpeed Cache for PrestaShop¶
What is LSCache?¶
LiteSpeed Cache (LSCache) is a built-in, high-performance dynamic content acceleration feature of LiteSpeed server products.
LSCache accelerates dynamic content (not just PHP pages), with features very similar to those in Apache
mod_cache, using an efficient, highly customizable, native implementation within the LiteSpeed server, which greatly reduces page load time and server load.
LSCache eliminates the extra reverse-proxy layer(s) required by add-on cache packages (such as Varnish), providing faster, more efficient handling of static content in addition to its stellar handling of dynamic content.
Why Use a Plugin?¶
The LiteSpeed Cache Engine can be controlled through rewrite rules in the .htaccess of a web app's document root. So what do you gain by using an LSCache plugin?
An LSCache plugin bridges the knowledge gap between a web app and the Cache Engine.
Put another way: web apps have rules about what content may be cached, for how long it may be cached, and what events would cause a cache object to become stale. LSCache plugins are a way of communicating these web app rules to the Cache Engine. LSCache plugins allow you to manage the cache in such a way that more objects may be stored for a longer period, and with unparallelled accuracy.
- Support for PrestaShop 1.6+
- Integrated into both LiteSpeed Web Server and LiteSpeed Web ADC. Works in a single-server environment using LSWS, or a clustered environment using LS Web ADC.
- Caching is highly customizable on both a global level and a per-store basis. Tag-based caching allows purge by tag from external programs.
- Main page and public blocks are cached once and served to all users. Private blocks are cached per-users and served only to that user.
- LSCPS automatically caches the following pages with a GET request (including AJAX GET): Home, Categories, Products, CMS, New products, Best sales, Suppliers, Manufacturers, Prices drop, Sitemap.
- User information can be cached privately via ESI blocks and auto purged when the information changes. Support for cart and account sign in are built in. Other third-party modules that contain private information can be easily added.
- Updates in the shop admin area automatically trigger a purge of any related pages in the cache.
- New client orders automatically trigger a purge of related product and catalog pages based on stock status or quantity (configurable).
- If a page contains products with specific prices, TTL will be auto adjusted based on special price effective dates.
- The cache can be manually flushed from within the PrestaShop admin.
- LSCPS supports multiple stores, multi-language, multi-currency and geolocation.
- An optional cache crawler script is available to traverse your PrestaShop store and warm up the cache.
Obtain a LiteSpeed Web Server¶
You will either need LiteSpeed-powered hosting, or one of the following LiteSpeed server products in order to use LSCache:
- LiteSpeed Enterprise Web Server:
- LiteSpeed Web ADC
Configure the Server¶
LSCache must be set up at the server level before it can be made available to any sites on the server.
If you are a site owner and you don't have access to your server's admin functions, chances are your hosting provider has already done this setup for you, or can help you to complete it.
See Configure Cache Root and Cache Policy for instructions.
Install, Configure and Use the Plugin¶
Once you've set up your web server and configured the cache root and cache policies, you're ready to install the plugin. The plugin will allow you to configure and manage your LiteSpeed server's cache simply and easily, through your site's own familiar admin interface.
Start with Installation and follow the documentation menu to configure and use the plugin.
If you still have a question after reading through the documentation, you have a few options:
- Join the GoLiteSpeed Slack community for real-time discussion
- Visit the LiteSpeed Forums for community support
- Submit a ticket from the client area or by emailing