Troubleshooting Media Issues¶
If you are experiencing image optimization errors and you don't see the solution here, if you have a QUIC.cloud account, you can check your QUIC.cloud Dashboard at
https://my.quic.cloud/dm/example.com/img_optm. (Be sure to replace
example.com with your own site URL.) There should be guidance on the Dashboard that will let you know how to proceed.
Out of Quota Warning¶
Everyone receives a free quota to use with each of the online services. This quota resets at the beginning of every month.
For Image Optimization, there are two request queues. Quota applies to usage of the Fast Queue, while the Standard Queue remains free and unlimited.
If you are seeing a message that you are out of quota for the month, this should not be happening. You should always be able to submit images via the Standard Queue, even if you are out of Fast Queue quota. To solve this problem, try refreshing your Domain Key, like so:
Navigate to LiteSpeed Cache > General > General Settings. Press the button in the Domain Key setting to request/refresh the key. It may take a few minutes. Once it refreshes, please try submitting your images again.
Limit Stuck at 1¶
Image Optimization always starts with a limit of 1. This is used as a test run to make sure that the Image Optimization servers are able to connect to your server.
If your Image Optimization limit is at 1 and it does not increase after a few requests, check the following to determine a proper remedy:
First, navigate to LiteSpeed Cache > Image Optimization > Image Optimization Status and check the Failed Image Optimization counter. It is likely increasing. This can be one of several issues:
- The image is already optimized: This is not a cause for concern. It will keep trying other images, and when an unoptimized one is found, the limit will increase.
- The Image Optimization server is unable to find your image: Please check your rewrite rules and links.
- The Image Optimization server is unable to connect to your server: To fix this, add the QUIC.cloud IP list to your whitelist.
If you have a QUIC.cloud account, please check our QUIC.cloud documentation for further information on how to check your Image Optimization status.
No Valid Image Found¶
No valid image found in the current request.
To clear this error, navigate to LSCache > Image Optimization and click the Rescan New Thumbnails button.
WebP Not Loading¶
If you've generated WebP images through Image Optimization, but they are not showing on the front end, try these steps:
- Make sure you are using a browser that supports WebP. Not all of them do.
- Navigate to Litespeed Cache > Image Optimization > Image Optimization Settings and make sure that the Image WebP Replacement option is set to
- If it's on, then from Toolbox > Debug Settings, set Debug Log to
ONand Debug Level to
Advanced. Clear the cache, load your page, and check the debug log. (Don't forget to turn the log off again when you are finished troubleshooting.)
- If the debug log doesn't offer any explanation, try disabling and re-enabling WebP replacement. Sometimes that can fix this issue.
If you find some images should not be lazy loaded, you can exclude them in LiteSpeed Cache > Page Optimization > Media Excludes. Add the URL to Lazy Load Image Excludes.
Alternately, if you are a developer, you can add the attribute
data-no-lazy="1" to the image in your HTML code.